Since Photobucket's "all your image hosting is broken and you'll have to pay $400 to get it back" stunt, I'm reuploading everything that's still relevant to my A Small Orange web hosting. Less than a quarter of the price, no fuss about hotlinking, and it lets you make a whole website to go with the photos.
In the process I've rediscovered a bunch of old picspams I totally forgot doing:
- Liveblog of the Arsène Lupin movie from 2004. It was in French with no subtitles, so there's probably a lot I missed, but it sure is fun to look at.
- Screencaps of the 2008 documentary Babies (lots of adorable NSFW), a treasure trove for anyone who needs references of 0-to-1-year-olds toddling around.
- Picspam of the kid from Fatal Attraction, in case you need references of a somewhat older and incredibly-adorable child tromping around.
- The Powerpuff Girls have a canon steampunk AU, part 1 and part 2. "Sasparilla, arsenic, and everything old-fashioned...these were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girl."
- Baby ducks! (From 2009, at a house that was later flooded during Hurricane Sandy.)
And a lot of stuff I don't feel guilty about flat-out deleting:
- screencaps & doujinshi scans for posts in now-defunct LJ/DW communities
- long-deprecated TopWebComics incentive art
- 10-year-old fanart (still findable in my DA scraps, for anyone who's truly invested)
- so many random Daily Show photos. Soooo many.
- memes where I don't even remember where they came from
All that went quick. The slow & more laborious to re-upload includes all my fic illustrations, fanmix covers, and icons. (Over 800 icons. Fun!)
So there's a mountain of stuff left to pickaxe through -- but it's an encouragingly dwindled mountain. Last night I had almost 6,000 images on Photobucket. This afternoon, it's nearly down to 2,000, and still shrinking.